Follow these simple tips to stay warm this winter while saving energy and money:
- Set your thermostat at 68° during the day and 60° at night. You can save 3% on your heating costs for every degree you reduce the temperature below 70° for the entire heating season.
- Install a programmable thermostat to manage the temperature control for you.
- Have a qualified professional tune up on your furnace and heat pump. Inspect flues and chimney for efficiency and safety.
- Change filters once a month on your furnace and heat pump. This will save you money while maintaining the comfort level of your home.
- Insulate and seal duct work that runs through unheated attics, basements or crawl spaces.
- Raise your blinds on cold days to let warm sunlight in.